Woven boat flooring has gained in popularity in recent years because it brings the luxurious textile looks of the land onto the sea. Weaves look great covering pontoon floors, but true woven boat flooring has some disadvantages, especially on water.
G‑Floor® Outdoor & Marine vinyl flooring is 100% polyvinyl marine-grade flooring that simulates the beauty of real fabric weaves but is actually a non-woven boat flooring surface. Learn how G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine non-woven marine flooring wins every time when it comes to pontoon boat flooring.
How does G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine look like woven flooring for boats and pontoons, but isn’t?
American-made G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine vinyl flooring is engineered differently from other vinyl roll out flooring to outlast and outperform other marine flooring options on the market. G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine is solid, seamless, waterproof vinyl boat flooring that is protected by an advanced marine grade top coat.
The meticulously-designed, high-quality image is printed on the underside of the vinyl, not on top or in between like some other vinyl flooring. Because these images are protected by an industry-leading wear layer, the faux-weave pontoon flooring designs of G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine can withstand extreme weather conditions and heavy foot traffic without deteriorating.
As an added benefit, G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine has an improved marine grade top coat made with MicroLock Technology™. What does that mean for you?
- A UV-inhibitor is built in for long-term color and image retention
- Prevents images from fading or wearing off
- Resists microbes, mold and mildew
- Reduce staining and odors, along with making cleaning easier
- Provides anti-blush characteristics so wet towels, swim suits, coolers, life jackets, etc. won’t leave marks
- Offers heat reduction qualities
- Keeps floor looking like new for years to come!
So, why does non-woven marine vinyl win vs. woven marine flooring?
As we mentioned above, vinyl is the most durable flooring for pontoon boats. While some luxury weave boat flooring touts its use of vinyl and all the redeeming characteristics that go with it, the marine flooring still has a textile top, and maybe has vinyl backing or layers with vinyl in them. Because G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine vinyl flooring for boats and pontoons is polyvinyl through and through without any fibers, grains and cloth, here's what you can expect:
- It won’t snag from fish hooks, dog nails, and other sharp objects like weaved fabrics. Non-woven vinyl also will not crack, flake, peel or dent from heavy anchors, coolers and more.
- It will not rot, mold, mildew or otherwise deteriorate as quick as other weaved boat flooring that is not entirely waterproof. Microbes have a tendency to get in between textile weaves, eventually raising havoc inside and below boat flooring.
- It has a non-porous surface that makes it much easier to clean than pontoon flooring with fibers. Vinyl marine flooring resists oils, gas and marine chemicals and is stain resistant and odor resistant. Not a lot of fiber flooring options for boats can make these claims.
- It's more comfortable underfoot, especially with bare feet, because it does not have uncomfortable raised grains to walk on. Our thick, top boat flooring comes with the Levant™ soft, buttery, leather-like surface texture for comfort and slip-resistance. G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine also offers a cushiony spunbound backing for added support and for grabbing glue, facilitating ease of DIY installation.
- It's cooler to the touch than other things on the boat. After a day in the hot sun, G‑Floor® Outdoor & Marine registered as much as 13 degrees cooler on feet than woven flooring.
Are there any G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine patterns that look like woven flooring?
The Simplicity collection is the home to our faux-weaved premium marine flooring. Simplicity is inspired by the land’s appreciation of high-end, upscale flooring. Simplicity offers chic weaves and trendy textiles without the high cost or maintenance. Simplicity “weaves without the snag” available on this website include:
While you’re shopping our fine weave looks, be sure to check out our Premier Woods collection and our standard Solid collection. G‑Floor Outdoor & Marine is the #1 non-woven pontoon boat flooring choice for OEMs, dealers, renovators and DIY boating owners. Fall is a great time to think about pontoon refurbishing so you’ve got a renovated boat come next season!