Surprise your mom, aunt, grandma, or any maternal figure with something new this Mother’s Day. Of course, get her the flowers to set out in the kitchen, but why not give her a gift that will keep on giving. How many times has she begged you to clean up the junk in the garage or organize the storage room and get rid of the clutter?
Helping Mom out with a decluttered garage, workspace, or storage area is the perfect gift to show her how much you love her. Mothers work incredibly hard to give others what they need so let’s repay the favor. Here are some tips to get the ball rolling!
- Tell yourself it’s okay to donate to a favorite charity or throw things out. A good rule of thumb is if you haven’t used it within the past 2 years, then you probably don’t need it.
- Storage tubs are a great way to store items that aren’t needed year-round. For Example: coats, summer toys, seasonal holiday decorations, etc.
- Cleaning... Sometimes its not organization that’s needed, it’s cleaning and beautifying the room all together. G-Floor® Flooring can help turn any old, stained, concrete floor, into a clean and fresh space.
- Sometimes items just need a home. Adding shelves, floating racks, etc. can help locate items easily while providing a unique look.
- Get creative on how to make the reveal fun! For example, you could have flowers set up with a card in the room as she opens the door.
Although this gift requires you to put in some work, the end will be worth it when you see the weight being lifted off Mom’s shoulders.